Tuesday 14 July 2020

Introduction | Getting and leaving my first job | Currently where I am.

Hi Guys,
I am Swetabh Suman. I am from Dhanbad Jharkhand. I have completed my B.Tech from Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology (GIET, Gunupur) in 2015 from Computer Sc. department.
After completing my Engineering degree I came to Bangalore in a hope that I 'll get a decent job.
Till this, you come to know that I was basically an unemployed Graduate.

For a fresher getting a job in IT is much more difficult. You should have good knowledge over your domain, your aptitude and English should be strong, you should have good knowledge of any of the programming languages and last but not the least you should have at least 2-3 years of working experience 😜(just kidding). Then only there will be a chance that you 'll get a job. 

Oh! and I almost forgot one thing, you have to compete with thousands of candidates for a few of the vacant positions. So you need luck as well as hard work. Or I can say 80% of luck and 20% hard work 😅.

Anyways I was lucky enough to get a job within 40 days of my search. But this "lucky job" didn't last long, and I was out from it after 5 months of my working 😔. The reason for leaving was, that company had a bond of 3 years in which they will keep all your original certificates so that you cannot leave them just random. Also, they were not paying me properly meaning to say that they have shown me a dream that I 'll get 12 lacs by the end of 3rd year. Moreover, they were paying the amount in hand to hand cash.

Let's see how they have shown me this dream. For the 1st Year, I 'll have a package of 3 LPA. From 2nd year onwards I'll get a hike and my package will become 4 LPA and finally, after next hike, I'll have the package of 5 LPA. So, in total, I'll be having 12 Lacs by the end of 3 years(3 + 4 + 5 = 12). This seems really good on paper but in actual it is completely different. For the first 3 months, you'll be paid 10k after 3 months this income will increase to 15k. Now you might think that having 3 LPA package how the company will pay the only 15k. It should be 25k or 21k (after deduction). But here's the trick, they will keep that 10k in the form of variable pay. This variable pay is something that you will get only when you are in a client place. Other than that forget about that money.

After that, I joined a different company and started my work from there.
5 years have been passed. Now I am Sr. Software Engineer working in Bangalore location. My work includes AOSP framework customization, developing Android applications, and many more things.

No comments:

What is Image Stabilization? OIS and EIS explained.

Hi Guys, Today I'm going to talk about image stabilization, what are OIS and EIS? How these works and What are the advantages of having ...